Food Prep. I know..I know. Who the hell has time for that? Yeah, me either. But hear me out because these are super fast, easy and completely versatile.
I make a batch or sometimes two every week and they are the perfect quick food to grab and go. We even eat them cold right out of the fridge. Don’t knock it til you try it.
Now, maybe you’ve tried to make them before and they haven’t turned out quite right. I’ve had more batches than I’d like to admit that have stuck to the pan. It’s really, really annoying and an absolute bitch to clean those little cups. So, after years of struggling and swearing, I’ve finally found the solution. Silicone muffin pans!!! It’s that simple. And they come out perfect every single time. It’s a complete game changer.
Here is a link to the one I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/12-Cups-Silicone-Muffin-Pan/dp/B07R9ZKW43
Totally worth the $8.99 ????
Now for the fun part – here are a few flavor combos we love:
- Broccoli, ham & cheddar (I buy the Nitrate Free Canadian Bacon at Costco. It’s a 2-pack. Each pack makes 1 batch)
- Asparagus, mushroom, red onion & feta. (Get the prechopped mix at TJ’s or Wegman’s)
- Chicken sausage, scallion & goat cheese
- Bacon, spinach & cheddar
- Peppers, onions & mushrooms
- Pepperoni, mozzarella & whatever else you like for veggies on your pizza
- Bacon, jalapeno & cream cheese
- Meat Lovers – bacon, sausage, ham & cheddar
- Spinach, tomato & pesto
- Buffalo – rotisserie chicken, scallions, mozzarella & Franks Red Hot Sauce (because we put that shit on everything)
Here’s the stupidly easy how to:
Caveat – I’m not a recipe developer and honestly most times I don’t follow recipes and just throw stuff in…so always remember that when I post recipes to this blog. Lol. I make no promises that times and temperatures or even measurements are exact. I cook with my heart and you should too. I’m not even adding measurements for this recipe because really – it’s not necessary. You’ve got leftover veggies from dinner? Cool..chop them up and add them in. You have some sausage or even meatballs leftover…cool…chop them up, add them in. You could make 3 different kinds in your pan of 12. See what I’m saying?? Flexible and hard to mess up.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Chop your chosen meat & veggies.
- Precook any raw meat and I also like the saute the veggies to bring out the flavor and make them less crunchy but this is optional.
- Place the silicone muffin pan onto a cookie sheet first before filling. (Trust me – I forgot this step once. It was a ginormous mess. Don’t do that to yourself.)
- Divide the meat/veggies evenly into the muffin cups. They should be filled about 1/2way with the goods.
- 2 options with your eggs – either scramble 10 eggs, season w/S&P and pour evenly into the cups OR just crack an egg into each cup and then gently mix with a fork, and season w/S&P.
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 or until set.
That’s it! Let me know if you decide to try and what your favorite flavor combo is.